New link in the top of page "IRC Chat".
Register | Login
Views: 111246009
Main | Memberlist | Active users | Calendar | Last Posts | IRC Chat | Online users
Ranks | FAQ | XPW | Stats | Color Chart | Photo album
11-26-22 11:21 PM
0 users currently in General Chat.
Xeogaming Forums - General Chat - Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize | |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User Post
Elara

Divine Mamkute
Dark Elf Goddess
Chaos Imp
Penguins Fan

Ms. Invisable








Since: 08-15-04
From: Ferelden

Since last post: 53 days
Last activity: 53 days
Posted on 10-09-09 04:43 PM Link | Quote
Yahoo! News Article

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize today in a "stunning decision designed to build momentum behind his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism."

Read the entire article, give your thoughts.
Lord Vulkas Mormonus

Vile
High Xeodent of Xeomerica.








Since: 10-29-04
From: North Carolina, United States. World, Sol System, milky way

Since last post: 1796 days
Last activity: 877 days
Posted on 10-10-09 10:24 AM Link | Quote
Originally posted by "From the Article"

They lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen its role in combating climate change.


His pledges?

They're giving an award because of his pledges?

Horrible, in my opnion. If Obama had actually done anything yet, he could very well deserve it. If they handed out Nobel Peace Prizes to everyone who intended to make the world a better place, we'd all have one.

It just ruins the Nobel Peace Prize, I think, and not just because I'm not a fan of Obama, but because there were actually good contenders who HAD done something already.

Seriously, he's still going on his star power. He hasn't even successfully started walks with the Middle East yet, as reported by that article.

Maybe he might deserve it later, maybe he'll deserve it when he's done. Until then, he doesn't deserve a thing.
Ryan

Ptooie
Is back!









Since: 10-01-04
From: Stafford, UK

Since last post: 3918 days
Last activity: 3878 days
Posted on 10-10-09 02:47 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Vulkar
Originally posted by "From the Article"

They lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen its role in combating climate change.


His pledges?

They're giving an award because of his pledges?


Gods get books written about them and entire countries worth of followers without having to do anything. At least Obama's a physical entity.

Off topic anti-religion Vulkar-annoying propangandens aside, the Nobel Peace Prize isn't exactly all that great anyway... Not since Kissinger and Yasser Arafat received 'em all them years ago.

I wouldn't think too much about it.
Elara

Divine Mamkute
Dark Elf Goddess
Chaos Imp
Penguins Fan

Ms. Invisable








Since: 08-15-04
From: Ferelden

Since last post: 53 days
Last activity: 53 days
Posted on 10-10-09 09:58 PM Link | Quote
While I do think that it is a bit premature, I do think that he is doing good work and I am happy to see him get it. Hopefully it will help him in his plans.

But yeah, I do like that they found the nicest way possible of saying that he got it because he went around fixing the damage Bush did to foreign policy that caused the rest of the world to hate us.
Cteno

Super Shotgun
Moderator








Since: 01-11-05

Since last post: 1114 days
Last activity: 235 days
Posted on 10-11-09 02:09 AM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Vulkar
If they handed out Nobel Peace Prizes to everyone who intended to make the world a better place, we'd all have one.

Actually, I want to raze most of it in Hellfire while riding a six-legged steed, swinging my mighty Warhammer in pure fury and piercing my foes with my legendary spear with divine wrath!

Bonsai Teriyaki can stay though.
Lord Vulkas Mormonus

Vile
High Xeodent of Xeomerica.








Since: 10-29-04
From: North Carolina, United States. World, Sol System, milky way

Since last post: 1796 days
Last activity: 877 days
Posted on 10-11-09 11:26 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Elara
While I do think that it is a bit premature, I do think that he is doing good work and I am happy to see him get it. Hopefully it will help him in his plans.

But yeah, I do like that they found the nicest way possible of saying that he got it because he went around fixing the damage Bush did to foreign policy that caused the rest of the world to hate us.


Well, here's the real problem, He hasn't yet solved any "problems" that Bush "caused (I was proBush, but that's another story,) gas prices now are higher than they were at th end of Bush's reign, we're still in Iraq, and unemployment is still a pretty substantial problem.

Once those are done, I might say he deserves it, even though I say we should still be in Iraq, but until then, he's not being rewarded for anything more than intentions, intentions which, by the way, every single other president in the world has had.

Originally posted by Valhalla
Actually, I want to raze most of it in Hellfire while riding a six-legged steed, swinging my mighty Warhammer in pure fury and piercing my foes with my legendary spear with divine wrath!

Bonsai Teriyaki can stay though.


Nobel War Prize?

No, you kept the Bonsai Teriyaki, so you lost it!
Cteno

Super Shotgun
Moderator








Since: 01-11-05

Since last post: 1114 days
Last activity: 235 days
Posted on 10-12-09 07:23 AM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Vulkar
Nobel War Prize?

No, you kept the Bonsai Teriyaki, so you lost it!

But what's the point of destroying the planet if you can't have your favorite meal in Valhalla (no relation) afterward?
Elara

Divine Mamkute
Dark Elf Goddess
Chaos Imp
Penguins Fan

Ms. Invisable








Since: 08-15-04
From: Ferelden

Since last post: 53 days
Last activity: 53 days
Posted on 10-14-09 03:46 AM Link | Quote
No relation... sure.....

The gas price thing is actually a bad argument. Gas prices fell because the economy tanked and they've been going back up since that drop which happened right at the end of the Bush era, Bush had nothing to do with it just like Obama has nothing to do with it going back up. It still isn't nearly as high as prices were before the market collapsed. Quite frankly I hope to never see them that high ever again.

Bonsai teriyaki?
Cteno

Super Shotgun
Moderator








Since: 01-11-05

Since last post: 1114 days
Last activity: 235 days
Posted on 10-14-09 08:27 AM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Elara
Bonsai teriyaki?

Best sushi and tempura you can get in town!
天国JOE

���A�ǂ��ɂȂ�̂���낤�H








Since: 09-02-04
From: Destroy Tower

Since last post: 3299 days
Last activity: 2664 days
Posted on 10-14-09 06:35 PM Link | Quote
Obama should get it, at least for his involvement in preventing a Sith coup.

Cyro Xero

Rune Mage

Rave Atom








Since: 02-23-05
From: Minnesota!!

Since last post: 2111 days
Last activity: 2023 days
Posted on 10-15-09 03:06 AM Link | Quote
I read about this the other day. I don't think it was the right time to award him something like that. Just as some of you said, he actually hasn't done anything yet. Especially since their is still instability in the Mid East. It would take a few years to see how everything works out. Only then, if it did, would it be more reasonable to give a Nobel Prize.
Cteno

Super Shotgun
Moderator








Since: 01-11-05

Since last post: 1114 days
Last activity: 235 days
Posted on 10-15-09 03:27 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Cyro Xero
I read about this the other day. I don't think it was the right time to award him something like that. Just as some of you said, he actually hasn't done anything yet. Especially since their is still instability in the Mid East. It would take a few years to see how everything works out. Only then, if it did, would it be more reasonable to give a Nobel Prize.

My thoughts on this issue exactly.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Xeogaming Forums - General Chat - Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize |



xeogaming.org

AcmlmBoard 1.92++ r4 Baseline
?2000-2013 Acmlm, Emuz, Blades, Xkeeper, DarkSlaya*, Lord Alexandor*
*Unofficial Updates
Page rendered in 0.196 seconds.
0.040