New link in the top of page "IRC Chat".
Register | Login
Views: 92825711
Main | Memberlist | Active users | Calendar | Last Posts | IRC Chat | Online users
Ranks | FAQ | XPW | Stats | Color Chart | Photo album
01-17-21 05:07 PM
0 users currently in Tech Discussion.
Xeogaming Forums - Tech Discussion - Anti Virus Programs | |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User Post
Kyoku kun

Phan Phan
Where in the world in Aurora the Explora? Currently California!








Since: 06-19-06
From: Northern California

Since last post: 3365 days
Last activity: 2992 days
Posted on 05-08-07 08:01 PM Link | Quote
Hi everyone, my friend just made me a new computer, very nice computer by the way, but it doesn't have a anti virus program on it yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It is a PC by the way, Windows XP (thats X.P not the Emotican).


Very much preferred to be free.


Thanks.

Lord Alexandor

Tendoru








Since: 10-15-06
From: Dayton, OH

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
Posted on 05-08-07 08:10 PM Link | Quote
Active Virus Shield - http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp
--Very good and powerful (basically kaspersky, but with a different name) but from AOL. It works, I use it. Can get annoying when you are transferring lots of data. All updates are automatic with NO user interaction required if you are always connected to the internets.

Avast! Anti Virus - http://www.avast.com/
--Also a good anti virus, but if your install gets interrupted it could FUBAR your windows install. Happened to me, but it is very powerful if you can get it installed.

AVG Free AntiVirus - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
--Not the best, but not bad. Works well, but can be very annoying. I used to use this, but then the constant updates to the program got annoying and I switched to Active Virus Shield.

Hope that helps!
Bitmap

#1 Enhancement Shaman US Ravenholdt








Since: 09-05-04
From: His Laughin' Place

Since last post: 3152 days
Last activity: 3146 days
Posted on 05-08-07 09:47 PM Link | Quote
I personally use AVG, it'll treat you good.

I mean, whatever you do, dont get any Virus scan software, just get something that will kick shit off of it.
Kyoku kun

Phan Phan
Where in the world in Aurora the Explora? Currently California!








Since: 06-19-06
From: Northern California

Since last post: 3365 days
Last activity: 2992 days
Posted on 05-08-07 10:10 PM Link | Quote
I got a program called NOD32 that my friend installed that I didn't notice.

I guess it is really good.
Lord Alexandor

Tendoru








Since: 10-15-06
From: Dayton, OH

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
Posted on 05-08-07 11:45 PM Link | Quote
Yes, NOD32 is very good, but it is not free. The web site says you can get 30 day trials and it is $39 for 1 year or $58.50 for 2 years.

Google Results
AND
Product Page
Kyoku kun

Phan Phan
Where in the world in Aurora the Explora? Currently California!








Since: 06-19-06
From: Northern California

Since last post: 3365 days
Last activity: 2992 days
Posted on 05-08-07 11:49 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Lord Alexandor
Yes, NOD32 is very good, but it is not free. The web site says you can get 30 day trials and it is $39 for 1 year or $58.50 for 2 years.

Google Results
AND
Product Page



*cough* *cough*
but I have a 23401983470198 (exactly) day trail!


*evil smirk*
Lord Alexandor

Tendoru








Since: 10-15-06
From: Dayton, OH

Since last post: 2 hours
Last activity: 1 hour
Posted on 05-08-07 11:52 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Kyoku kun

*cough* *cough*
but I have a 23401983470198 (exactly) day trail!
*evil smirk*


GG

That is awesome.
Ryan

Ptooie
Is back!









Since: 10-01-04
From: Stafford, UK

Since last post: 3240 days
Last activity: 3200 days
Posted on 07-08-07 03:49 PM Link | Quote
I know this is old, but the Google Pack has two pretty decent AV software that work fine for me. It is annoying with the Norton Virus Scan you get though as it doesn't delete some viruses.
Bitmap

#1 Enhancement Shaman US Ravenholdt








Since: 09-05-04
From: His Laughin' Place

Since last post: 3152 days
Last activity: 3146 days
Posted on 07-08-07 05:28 PM Link | Quote
Norton, to me, wastes processing power, so I just used the sprtcmd in the run menu to turn it off when I boot it up.

But the google pack is awesome. <3
Bitmap

#1 Enhancement Shaman US Ravenholdt








Since: 09-05-04
From: His Laughin' Place

Since last post: 3152 days
Last activity: 3146 days
Posted on 07-12-07 10:59 PM Link | Quote
Originally posted by Lord Alexandor
Active Virus Shield - http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp
--Very good and powerful (basically kaspersky, but with a different name) but from AOL. It works, I use it. Can get annoying when you are transferring lots of data. All updates are automatic with NO user interaction required if you are always connected to the internets.

Avast! Anti Virus - http://www.avast.com/
--Also a good anti virus, but if your install gets interrupted it could FUBAR your windows install. Happened to me, but it is very powerful if you can get it installed.

AVG Free AntiVirus - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
--Not the best, but not bad. Works well, but can be very annoying. I used to use this, but then the constant updates to the program got annoying and I switched to Active Virus Shield.

Hope that helps!


Im sorry to double post, but right now im pretty pissed off.

I dont know how, but suddendly I got 8 viruses, and 550 spyware / malware programs on my computer. AVG took out a few programs, but all of them were a high threat according to the "Scans".

So yeah, dont download them.

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Xeogaming Forums - Tech Discussion - Anti Virus Programs |



xeogaming.org

AcmlmBoard 1.92++ r4 Baseline
?2000-2013 Acmlm, Emuz, Blades, Xkeeper, DarkSlaya*, Lord Alexandor*
*Unofficial Updates
Page rendered in 0.136 seconds.
0.026